The following changes were made to the Hearth and Blade roleplaying game on July 12, 2017.
- All references to spells and spell levels attained beyond 6th level have been removed.
- All alignment-based spells (align weapon, protection from evil, etc.) have been removed. This is the next step in formally removing alignment from Hearth and Blade.
- Three new spells have been added to replace these alignment-based spells: alter weapon, protection from outsiders, and protection from outsiders, communal.
- All concentration-based detection spells (detect secret doors, detect undead, etc.) have been removed. As with our earlier removal of detect magic, this move is largely to increase play speed and keep encounters unpredictable.
- In a few instances, domain spells or spells granted by other class features have been changed to accommodate the previous changes.