The following changes were made to the Hearth and Blade roleplaying game on July 5, 2017.
- Alignment is in the process of being removed from the game. This is an incremental process, as alignment is central to many mechanics. Updates to spells and feats will follow soon.
- A full review of monster types is underway. This is partly due to the removal of alignment and partly out of personal preference.
- Alignment requirements have been removed for all classes.
- All references to class progression beyond 6th level have been removed.
- The numerical advancement of many class abilities has been reworked to better fit the level 1-6 range.
- Alignment-based spell restrictions have been removed.
- Clerics no longer choose a type of channeling based on alignment. All clerics can either channel to heal living creatures or to cause elemental damaged (the type of which is determined by their deity).
- Clerics can only spontaneously cast heal spells.
- Many 1st-level domain powers have been adjusted. The moon domain has been renamed to mist domain.
- The blessing and bonus feat class features have been removed.
- A new pact class ability has been added, granting the crusader a passive aura that she customizes as she levels up.
- The domain, divine grace, and divine bond class features are now gained at different levels.
- Delvers now have access to cantrips, including two new ones: crackle and warning shot.
- The imbued firearm and spell shot class features are now gained at different levels.
- Many insights have been adjusted or removed, and one new insight has been added: trapfinding.
- The bonus special weapon qualities gained from the discipline class feature have been updated to reflect future monster type updates.
- Many secrets have been adjusted or removed, and five new secrets have been added: arcane archeologist, greater ley channel, minor arcana, ray mastery, and wild mysticism.
- The wild empathy, woodland stride, trackless step, hedge savant, and mark of the wild class features are now gained at different levels.
- The mark of the wild class feature has been updated to reflect future monster type updates. In addition, it improves the warden’s wild empathy class feature.